NYSDOH UPDATES COVID-19 GUIDANCE FOR AUTHORIZATION
On April 8, 2020, the Division of Long Term Care issued an updated version to the March 18 COVID-19 Guidance for the Authorization of Community-Based, Long-Term Services and Supports Covered by Medicaid. Despite consumers going without services and personal assistants falling ill, the Department still requires that new personal assistants undergo health assessments, immunizations and tuberculosis tests before they can work.
This guidance covers four areas relevant to CDPA:
1. Physician’s orders: Initial medical assessments for CDPA and personal care are still required but may be done via telehealth.
2. Initial Community Health Assessments: Still required but may be done via telehealth. MLTC enrollment eligibility criteria remains unchanged.
3. Community Health Reassessments: 6-month recertification assessments are suspended.
4. Annual Health Assessments for Personal Assistants: Initial health assessment, including TB test and vaccines, are required, but annual requirement for current PAs is waived.
5. Facility Assessments: Grants facility directors of nursing homes/other facilities discretion to permit only “medically necessary” visits, per Executive Order 202.1.
EVV DEADLINE DELAYED TO JANUARY 1, 2021
The deadline for EVV implementation is now January 1, 2021 for Personal Care Services and CDPA.
The New York State Department of Health’s Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Good Faith Effort (GFE) exemption request has
To view the CMS approval letter for New York State click here. To learn more about the NY Medicaid EVV Program please visit the website at: https://health.ny.gov/
The 21st Century Cures Act is a federal law, passed by Congress in December 2016, that in part requires all state Medicaid programs to implement an EVV system for personal care services (PCS) and home health care services (HHCS). All states must implement an EVV system to avoid a reduction in federal Medicaid funding. For more information on the federal law and requirements for EVV, visit: www.Medicaid.gov.
Mailing List Sign Up
Advocacy & News Updates
March 2, 2020 Ms. Katherine Ceroalo Bureau of Program Counsel Regulatory Affairs Unit New York State Department of Health Room 2438, Empire State Plaza Tower Building Albany, NY 12237 Comments submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Comments Re:...
The deadline for EVV implementation is now January 1, 2021 for Personal Care Services and CDPA. The New York State Department of Health’s Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Good Faith Effort (GFE) exemption request has been approved by the Centers for Medicare and...
It has been brought to CDPAANYS' attention that your advocacy is attracting the Governor's attention - so let's keep up the momentum! Several individuals have been personally contacted by a representative from the Department of Health after sending a letter to...