ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP
Any organization that contracts with a New York State County / authorizing district to provide fiscal intermediary administration for Consumer Directed Personal Assistance is eligible to apply for membership if:
- The organization allows consumers to recruit, hire, train, supervise and terminate the personal assistants they choose to work with;
- The organization respects the autonomy of the consumer as an empowered individual who has the authority to direct his/her care.
Effective pending authorization of fiscal intermediaries by the New York State Department of Health, applicants must be authorized by New York State to qualify for Provider Membership.
As a Provider Member of CDPAANYS, you will receive:
- Unparalleled representation and advocacy of the distinct issues affecting CDPA. CDPAANYS is the only statewide association with Consumer Directed Personal Assistance as its sole focus;
- Use of the CDPAANYS logo and notation as a member of CDPAANYS on organizational materials – signifying to consumers a commitment to program philosophy and consumer independence;
- Enrollment in our Provider Member email listserv;
- Discounts on CDPAANYS’ sponsored events;
- An exclusive listing on CDPAANYS’ website Membership Map listing your contact information when someone clicks on a county you serve;
- Cutting edge legal and peer support of best practices to ensure that your fiscal intermediary is operating efficiently within a check & balance model to mitigate vicarious liability and provide consumers with the most empowerment and autonomy;
- The potential to serve and the voting rights to select the Board of Directors;
- Exclusive access to a collection of CDPA related documents including: law, regulation, fair hearings;
- Input and a voice regarding CDPA issues and direction;
- Consumers who utilize CDPA through a Provider Member in good standing become Ex-officio Members.