The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Association of New York State is in search of peer mentors for a new opportunity assisting the State in providing information and support to potential and current users of Consumer Directed Personal Assistance (CDPA). Successful candidates will be in receipt of CDPA and have a strong commitment to the goals of empowerment, civil rights and personal choice – key components of the independent living movement and consumer directed personal assistance.
This is a part-time position. CDPAANYS will work with successful candidates to enroll in the Medicaid Buy-In for People with Disabilities, if necessary, to ensure that service interruption does not occur.
- participation in a peer mentoring training in Albany and demonstrating competency in critical components of the training;
- maintaining availability via a phone, provided by CDPAANYS, and email for communication with consumers and potential consumers;
- completion of tracking, data and evaluation materials, based on the calls and other interactions with consumers;
- working with team on creating content for CDPAANYS website and written reports; and
- other responsibilities as needed.
- current participation in CDPA as a consumer or designated representative;
- commitment to helping others understand and maximize the potential of the program;
- excellent interpersonal and written skills;
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at 518-813-9539, or by mail to:
119 Washington Avenue, Suite 3A
Albany, NY 12210
CDPAANYS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making any reasonable accommodations necessary for the completion of the tasks of this position.