Program Manager – Consumer Resource Center
The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Association of New York State (CDPAANYS) is seeking to hire a Program Manager to develop, administer, and maintain a new Consumer Resource Center. This position will report directly to the Executive Director and will be charged with further developing the Consumer Resource Center, the Association’s existing peer mentoring program, and collaborating with the Executive Director and other staff to develop a long-term programmatic vision for the Association.
CDPAANYS’ Consumer Resource Center will facilitate the association’s mission, help provide accurate information to consumers about CDPA, serve as a resource linking consumers with CDPAANYS’ member fiscal intermediaries, and aid in linking consumers with our grassroots advocacy efforts. Further, the Consumer Resource Center will serve as a central hub that will allow the association to pursue additional grants and other outside revenue opportunities that will help grow the organization and its capacity even further.
As part of this role, the Program Manager will take on oversight and administration of an existing peer mentoring program, including the supervision of three part-time peer mentor staff, with a goal of expanding the program and ensuring long-term financial viability.
- Developing and maintaining an online Consumer Resource Center. This will include the development of materials and resources, research to ensure the accuracy of information, and the capacity to further develop new and innovative digital resources;
- Administering an existing peer mentoring program, including supervising three part-time peer mentors and further expanding the program to ensure long-term viability;
- Working with other staff to integrate Consumer Resource Center and other program opportunities into our grassroots membership and advocacy operations;
- With the Executive Director and Director of Operations, identifying and drafting grant proposals; and
- Other tasks as necessary.
This is an Albany-based position, though hybrid options will be considered. Limited statewide travel is required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program, New York State Health laws and regulations, and issues impacting seniors and people with disabilities;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work, sociology, or related field (an equivalent combination of education and experience – including life experience as an individual with a disability – to successfully perform the essential duties of the position may be substituted).
- Professional and/or personal experience in long term care, aging, and disability rights;
- Project management experience, including staff supervision and training;
- Grant-writing experience, with the ability to identify previously funded grant proposals;
- Experience with statistical evaluation and the creation of evaluation tools;
- Experience with website development, design, and maintenance;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, speaking, and writing skills;
- Ability to work independently.
SALARY RANGE – $50,000 – $60,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
BENEFITS: CDPAANYS maintains a generous benefit package including:
- health, vision, and dental insurance;
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA with employer match;
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match;
- eleven (11) paid holidays;
- Five (5) days of personal time/year;
- twelve (12) paid sick days/year;
- fifteen (15) paid vacation days/year to start; and
- professional development opportunities.
HIRING PERIOD – Until filled.
HOW TO APPLY – Email a copy of your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDPAANYS is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.